2009-07-12

Star Festival

In Japan, the 7th of July is the day of Tanabata, or the Star Festival, when we celebrate the reunion of a couple. I don't know the details, but they seem to have been separated from each other and the only day they allowed to meet is the 7th of July. On the days, Japanese hang strips of colorful papers on which each of us writes his or her wish from bamboo branches. All Japanese don't do that, but this year, My wife and I prepared a bamboo to let our kids experience the Japanese traditionnal event.

Hiyo, the first daughter, who has learned Hiragana or Japanese characters lately, wrote her own wish on a strip. ― "I want to own a chocolate shop in the future." I remember her dream was to be a doctor until recently, though. I'll ask her again in a few days.

Coco, the second daughter, had her wish written by my wife because she cannot yet write letters ( can read them, though ). When my wife asked her what she wished, she said, "I love you, mom!" Probably she meant she wanted to always be with her mother. My wife wrote just as she said ― "I love you, mom!"

Girls, I wish your dreams will come true.

4 件のコメント:

  1. poor pierre! it was disappointing for you to wrote "i love daddy!"on a strip.
    you prepared a bamboo for kids was wonderful things.i think.

    返信削除
  2. What a lovely Tanabata wish!
    Do you make a wish yourself, pierre?

    返信削除
  3. To yutomama-san
    Thanks for posting your comment.
    um...I haven't long heard the phrase "I love daddy."
    But I'm satisfied with them being with me.

    返信削除
  4. To Nemo-san
    I appreciate your message.
    I haven't celebrated Tanabata about these 25 years.
    The kids always make me active and imaginative.
    I only wish they will grow up strong and will find something to devote themselves to.

    返信削除